Anthony Goudie, PhD
Assistant Professor, Center for Applied Research and Evaluation, Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine
Other Academic/Research/Policy Affiliations
Assistant Professor, Department of Health Policy and Management, College of Public Health
Office: Arkansas Children’s Hospital East Campus B2024B-1 Phone: 501-364-3337 Email: email@example.com
- 2008 – PhD, Health Services Research, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2002 – MSc, Healthcare Policy and Outcomes, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 1991 – BA, Economics, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- 1990 – BSc, Statistics, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Studying the mental health impact on caregivers and siblings residing in a residence with a child with medical complexity,
- Identifying hospital characteristics associated with pediatric hospital acquired conditions.
- Using latent class mixture modeling to identify underlying heterogeneity in hospital quality of care delivery.
Current Research Projects
- Arkansas Health Care Independence Program (Private Option) CMS waiver evaluation
- Hospital characteristics associated with Clostridium difficile
- Clinical guideline assessment for the treatment of febrile infants in the Emergency Department
HSRE 9613: Advanced Methods for Quality and Health Outcomes Research
Kuo, DZ, Melguizo-Castro M, Goudie A, Nick TG, Robbins JM, Casey PH. Variation in Health Care Utilization by Medical Complexity. Maternal Child Health J 2015;19(1):40-48. Kuo DZ, Goudie A, Cohen E, Houtrow A, Agrawal R, Carle A, Well N. Inequities in Health Care Needs for Children with Medical Complexity. Health Affairs 2014 Dec 24 [epub ahead of print]. Goudie A, Dynan L, Brady PW, Rettiganti MR. Attributable Cost and Length of Stay for Central-Line Associated Blood Stream Infections. Pediatrics 2014 Jun;133(6):e1525-32. Goudie A, Narcisse MR, Hall DE, Kuo DZ. Financial and Psychological Stressors Associated with Caring for Children with Disability. Families, Systems, and Health 2014 Apr 7 [epub ahead of print]. Goudie A, Havercamp S, Jamieson B, Sahr T. Assessing Functional Impairment in Siblings Living With Children With Disability. Pediatrics 2013 Aug;132(2):e476-83. Dynan L, Goudie A, Smith R, Fairbrother G, Simpson, LA. Differences in Quality of Care Among Non-Safety-Net, Safety-Net, and Children’s Hospitals. Pediatrics 2013;131(2):304-11.