J. Mick Tilford, PhD
Professor and Chair
Department of Health Policy and Management
Other Academic/Research/Policy Affiliations
Professor, Division of Pharmaceutical Evaluation and Policy
Senior Analyst at Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care
1993 – PhD (Economics), Wayne State University
1985 – MA (Economics), Central Michigan University
1982 – BS (Business & Economics), Central Michigan University
Economic Evaluation of Health Services
Current Research Projects
- Measuring Quality Adjusted Life Years in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, National Institute of Mental Health
- Evaluation of the Arkansas Marketplace Insurance Exchange, Arkansas Insurance Department (J. Mick Tilford, PI)
- Evaluation of the Arkansas Medicaid Expansion through the Private Option, (Joseph Thompson, PI)
- Enhanced Academic Detailing to Increase Immunization Recall Rates, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (J. Gary Wheeler, PI)
- Reducing Asthma Disparities Through School-Based Telemedicine for Rural Children, National Institutes of Health (Tamara Perry, PI)
PBHL/HSRE 9723 Advanced Health Economics
PBHL/HSAD 5273 Introduction to Health Economics
PBHL/HRSE 9203 Variation in Health System Performance
Tilford JM, Grosse SD, Goodman AC, Li K. Labor market productivity costs for caregivers of children with spina bifida: A population-based analysis. Medical Decision Making. 2009;29(1):23-32.
Krukowski RA, Tilford JM, Harvey-Berino J, S West D. Comparing behavioral weight loss modalities: Incremental cost-effectiveness of an internet-based versus an in-person condition. Obesity. 2011;19(8):1629-35.
Payakachat N, Tilford JM, Brouwer WB, van Exel NJ, Grosse SD. Measuring health and well-being effects in family caregivers of children with craniofacial malformations. Quality of Life Research. 2011;20(9):1487-95.
Tilford JM, Payakachat N, Kovacs E, Pyne JM, Brouwer W, Nick T, Bellando J, Kuhlthau K. Preference-based health-related quality of life outcomes in children with autism spectrum disorders: A comparison of generic instruments. Pharmacoeconomics. 2012 Aug 1; 30(8): 661-79
Payakachat N, Tilford JM, Kovacs E, Kuhlthau KA. Autism spectrum disorders: A review of measures for clinical, health services, and cost-effectiveness applications. Forthcoming in Expert Reviews of Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research. 2014 Dec.
Payakachat N, Tilford JM, Kuhlthau KA, van Exel NJ, Kovacs E, Bellando J, Pyne JM, Brouwer WBF. Predicting Health Utilities for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders.” Autism Research. 2014 Dec;7(6):649-63.
Tilford JM, Payakachat N. Progress in Measuring Family Spillover Effects for Economic Evaluations. Expert Reviews in Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research. 2014 Dec.