Nickolas Zaller, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Health Behavior and Health Education
Office: COPH 3266
2005, PhD, International Health (Disease Control and Prevention), Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
1999, BA, Microbiology and East Asian Studies, University of Kansas
Substance Use Disorders; Incarceration; HIV and other infectious diseases; Global Health
Current Research Projects
Sexual Minority Resources Core (NIAAA; co-PI)
- Zaller N, Mazhnaya A, Larney S, et al. Geographic variability in HIV and injection drug use in Ukraine: implications for integration and expansion of drug treatment and HIV care. Int. J Drug Policy. 2015 Jan;26(1):37-42.
- Zaller N, Huang W, He H, et al. Risky Alcohol Use Among Migrant Women in Entertainment Venues in China. Alcohol Alcohol. 2014; 49(3): 321-26.
- Yokell MA, Delgado MK, Zaller ND, et al. Presentation of prescription and nonprescription opioid overdoses to US emergency departments. JAMA Intern Med. 2014 Dec;174(12):2034-7.
- Larney S, Mahowald MK, Scharff N, Flanigan TP, Beckwith CG, and Zaller ND. Epidemiology of hepatitis C virus in Pennsylvania state prisons, 2004-2012: limitations of 1945-1965 birth cohort screening in correctional settings. Am J Public Health. 1014; 104(6): e69-74.
- Zaller N, McKenzie M, Friedmann P, et al. Initiation of Buprenorphine During Incarceration and Linkage to Treatment Upon Release. Journal of Subst Abuse Treat. 2013 Aug; 45(2):222-6.