DrPH Program Competencies
1. Influence health policy and program decision-making using critical analysis, presentation of scientific evidence regarding the impact on population health, and strategic planning and consensus building strategies.
2. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills in working with diverse professional and lay groups.
3. Develop collaborative partnerships with communities, policy makers, and other relevant groups to assess community health and conduct programs and research that are evidence-based, culturally competent, and linguistically appropriate.
4. Apply community-based participatory principles to public health practice and research.
5. Apply theoretical and evidence-based perspectives from multiple disciplines in the design, implementation and evaluation of needs and resource assessments, programs, policies and systems.
6. Collect, analyze, interpret, and synthesize quantitative and qualitative data following current scientific standards.
7. Weigh risks, benefits, and unintended consequences of research, policy, and practice.
8. Guide an organization’s or community initiative’s strategic planning and subsequent decision-making and practice using currently accepted leadership theory and principles.
9. Collaborate with diverse groups to achieve organizational goals.
10. Develop capacity-building strategies at the individual, organizational, and community level.
11. Apply current and appropriate theories and best practices to the management of organizations and initiatives.
12. Evaluate organizational performance in relation to strategic and defined goals.
13. Demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional values, and apply ethical standards to all aspects of public health practice and research.
14. Demonstrate cultural sensitivity in all aspects of public health leadership, practice, and research.