MPH Biostatistics Program Competencies
- Understand advantages and disadvantages of statistical methods.
- Translate research objectives into testable hypotheses.
- Know assumptions of fundamental statistical tests.
- Produce graphical displays of data that effectively summarizes analytical findings.
- Select and perform appropriate hypothesis tests for comparing two or more groups with respect to a discrete or continuous response measurement of interest using parametric and non-parametric methods.
- Apply and interpret associations based on multivariate methods such as linear regression and/or logistic regression.
- Develop programming skills in one or more statistical software packages.
- Develop written and oral presentations on the basis of statistical analyses for both public health professionals and educated lay audiences.