Location: RAHN 3253
Phone: (501) 686-8122
1982 – Ph.D. (Department of Sociology), Boston University
1974 – M.Phil. (Department of Sociology), Chinese University of Hong Kong
1972 – B.Soc.Sc. (Department of Sociology), Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Community Health
- Aging Program Planning and Development
- Health and Health Care Differences
- Social Research Methods for Daily Life (in Chinese), by Chongqing University Press, in print.
- “Discrepancies, Convergence, and Enclave-specific Trends”, in W. Bateman, et al. eds., Praeger Handbook of Asian American Health, Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, 2009.
- A Re-interpretation of the Chinese Culture (in Chinese), Shanghai: Shanghai People’s Press, 2014.
- “Diversity and Development Models in China and the USA: Methodology in the Study of Diversity and its Application”, A preface for Keelian Huang, A Study on the Development Paradigm from a New Perspective (in Chinese (in Chinese), University of Macau, 2012.
- “Asian Americans in ‘enclaves’, they are not a ‘community’,” in Asian American Policy Review, Harvard U. & UC-Berkeley, #5, 1995. Also in T. Fong & L. Shinagawa, (eds.,)Asian Americans: Experiences and Perspectives, Prentice Hall, 2000. (A Chinese version is in “New settlement trends of the Chinese in Greater Boston: implications for Overseas Chinese Studies,” (in Chinese) in Journal of the Institute of Ethnology, Academia Sinica, #1, Taipei: Academia Sinica, 1996. Also in Overseas Chinese Historical Studies, Beijing: Oversea Chinese Historical Studies Society, # 2 and # 4, 1998.)