EPA Renovation Certification

EPA Renovation (RRP) Certification in Arkansas, email aferguson@uams.edu

Become an EPA Lead Certified Renovator: Follow the Law!

Group rate for 4 or more from same company or family or friend group is $100 per person. To register, contact Alesia Ferguson at aferguson@uams.edu.

Remember this is a federal regulation. If you get compensated to renovate, remodel or paint a residence or child facility built before 1978 (and you will be distiburbing more than 6 square feet of area inside the property and more than 20 square feet outside the property, and any widow sill area), you need to be certified. Landlords included! Read more on the EPA regulation and enforcement .

Training covers regulations, health effects of lead, set-up, containment, prohibited practices, personal protective equipment, cleaning verification, record-keeping, training of non-certified workers, firm certification and more.

Parking garage is across the bridge from the College of Public Health on Hooper Drive ($7.00 for the day). Free parking at War Memorial Stadium, take shuttle to College Park and bring your own lunch or buy lunch at Boulevard Bread, located on the 1st floor of the college (approximately $7-10).

No Smoking allowed on campus!

Call (501) 526-6662 for questions or directions, or email aferguson@uams.edu

Links On Lead-Based Paint, Safety and Training

EPA/HUD Eight Hour Training
National Lead Information Center (NLIC)
Protecting Children and Testing for Lead:


HUD Lead Hazard Control
EPA New 2008 Renovations, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP)