Current University of Arkansas Clinton School of Public Service (UACS) students seeking to enroll as MPS/MPH dual degree applicants do not apply through the SOPHAS online application system. Instead, they must apply through the UAMS Fay W. Boozman College of Public Health online application system (OAA), submit a non-refundable application fee, and submit other documents. Complete application requirements are listed below.
Application Requirements for MPS/MPH
- Completed application form available at https://oaa.uams.edu. Applicants will need to create a new account through this online application system and complete all fields. You will be prompted to pay the application fee once you submit the application.
- Official transcripts of all academic work sent directly from every institution. At least one transcript must show degree awarded.
- Applicants must possess the minimum of a U.S. baccalaureate degree equivalent to be considered for admission and must be currently attending the UACS and in good academic standing. Additionally, to be classified as an MPS/MPH dual degree student, once officially accepted in both the College of Public Health and the Clinton School of Public Service, a completed declaration of intent form must be signed by both colleges (Associate Dean of primary college must sign first before forwarding to the College of Public Health for signature). The completed form must be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar by the first day of the semester term. Students are not considered dual degree seeking students until the completed Declaration of Intent to Pursue Combined Degrees has been filed in the Registrar’s office.
- Personal statement (500-700 words) explaining why you want to earn an MPH degree in the applied for concentration. For MPS/MPH applicants, the eligible concentration is Rural and Global Public Health Practice (online).
- Three (3) letters of reference (other than those submitted to the UACS) from separate individuals who can speak on the candidate’s academic, professional and public health experience.
- A current CV/Resume
- Copy of the UACS application
- Official GRE Scores