Applications for the program are submitted online through the Gateway for UAMS Students (GUS) system. GUS enables applicants to submit and track their admission application, receive up to date information on the process, and will continue to be the main portal for student information throughout the duration of your studies at UAMS.
In order to help you with this new application process, please refer to this document while you complete the process: Applicants Guide to Applying to the UAMS Online Application.
Click here to start the application process
Things to keep in mind when filling out the admission application online:
- Materials to Submit in the UAMS Online Application
- A letter from the applicant stating that the applicant wishes to be accepted into the Certificate in Regulatory Sciences program. This letter should briefly address the applicant’s educational background, field of study, and whether the applicant’s academic training or professional experience includes study or practice in Biostatistics or Toxicology/Pharmacology.
- Contact information for Two Letters of Recommendation – Please include the name and correct email address for two references. Recommendation requests will be sent by email. Note: We strongly advise that you contact your references within a week to make sure they receive our email request for a Letter of Recommendation.
- The applicant’s CV.
- An official transcript showing award of the applicant’s B.S., B.A., M.S., or Ph.D. degree(s).
- If coursework in Biostatistics and Toxicology/Pharmacology is not evident on your transcript, please provide documentation of formal training or continuing education in these subjects.
- When entering previous education in GUS, please only use the “Can’t Find my College” option no more than once when listing your previous institutions. If you cannot find more than one of your institutions, please list those in a Word document and upload that document in when submitting your application.
- During the application process, materials that have not been received will be listed in your “To Do” items.
- When you complete your application, be sure to click “Submit Application,” otherwise your completed application will not be transmitted to the Graduate School. After clicking the ‘Submit Application’ button and completing the required screens, you will receive an email that will let you know that your application has been submitted. If you do not receive this email, your application has not been submitted.
Mailed official transcripts should be sent to:
UAMS Graduate School
4301 West Markham St., Slot #601
Little Rock, AR 72205
All admission decisions are communicated in writing by the Dean of the Graduate School. The Graduate School cannot communicate admission decisions via email or phone calls.