AmeriCorps is the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
AmeriCorps is a program of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), the federal agency for volunteering, service, and civic engagement. CNCS engages millions of Americans in citizen service through its AmeriCorps and Senior Corps programs and leads the nation’s volunteer and service efforts.
AmeriCorps VISTA members build capacity in nonprofit organizations and public agencies to help them more effectively generate the commitment of private sector resources, encourage volunteer service at the local level, and empower individuals and communities.
AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full-time for one-year terms.
UAMS is a proud AmeriCorps VISTA sponsor. AmeriCorps VISTA will provide the following benefits.
- Candidates should be at least 18 years of age
- Have the ability to serve on a full time (40 hours per week) basis for one year
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Be a team player
- Have excellent communication skills
- Ability to use a computer
- College degree is preferred, may be required in some areas
- Reliable transportation is required
How to Apply
- Visit my.americorps.gov
- Select Apply to Service
- Create a profile
- Search for job opportunities
- Under Quick Search with the dropdown boxes enter the following information
- Program Type: AmeriCorps VISTA
- State: Arkansas
- Program Name: Patient Navigator or FAITH Network
- Select Search
- Submit an application
- If selected, you will be contacted for an interview. After the interview, you will attend training and begin your service.
Bring Out The Best of America Apply today to become an americorps VISTA!
AmeriCorps is the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service
and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges. Arkansas has one of the
highest poverty rates in the nation. The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
(UAMS) and AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) are looking for
creative and courageous people to help reduce poverty in Arkansas. As a full-time VISTA
member, you will have the opportunity to receive a living allowance, health care benefits, professional
skills training, AND earn credit to pay for your college education while eradicating poverty.
What positions are available?
- Faith-Academic Initiatives for Transforming Health (FAITH) Network Community Health Advocate
- Patient Navigators to Reduce Cancer Disparities
For more information, please contact:
Valandra Oliver at Phone: 501-526-7101 or Email:
Office of Health Initiatives and Disparities Research
Department of Surgery
College of Medicine
Center for the Study of Tobacco
Health Behavior Health Education
College of Public Health
Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute