- 2008 – Ph.D., Health Services Research, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2002 – MSc, Healthcare Policy and Outcomes, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 1991 – BA, Economics, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- 1990 – BSc, Statistics, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- Studying the mental health impact on caregivers and siblings residing in a residence with a child with medical complexity,
- Identifying hospital characteristics associated with pediatric hospital acquired conditions.
- Using latent class mixture modeling to identify underlying heterogeneity in hospital quality of care delivery.
Current Research Projects
- Arkansas Health Care Independence Program (Private Option) CMS waiver evaluation
- Hospital characteristics associated with Clostridium difficile
- Clinical guideline assessment for the treatment of febrile infants in the Emergency Department
- HPMT 6323 Advanced Econometric Methods and Special Topics
- HPMT 6014 Introduction to Health Care Quality
- HPMT 6315 Advanced Methods for Quality and Health Outcomes Research
- HPMT 6313 Advanced Methods in Health Services Research
Goudie A, Martin B, Li C, Lewis K, Han X, Kathe N, Wilson C, Thompson J. Higher Rates of Preventive Health Care among Commercially InsuredCompared to Medicaid: Findings from the Arkansas Health Care Independence ‘Private Option’ Program. Medical Care 2019Nov. 6.
Kim B, Thomsen MR, Nayga RM Jr, Fang D, Goudie A. Move more, Gain less: Effect of a Recreational Trail System on Childhood BMI. Contemporary Economics Policy 2019November:1-19.
Asirvatham J, Thomsen MR, Nayga RM Jr, Goudie A. Do fast food restaurants surrounding schools affect childhood obesity? Economics and Human Biology. 2019 May;33:124-133.
Nabaweesi R, Robbins JM, Goudie A, Onukwube J, Bowman SM, Aitken ME. A Cross-Sectional Study of Emergency Department Visits by Children After All-Terrain Vehicle Crashes, Motor Vehicle Crashes, and Sports Activities. Pediatr Emerg Care2018;34(7):479-483.
Rouse H, Goudie A, Rettiganti M, Leath K, Riser Q, Thompson J. Prevalence, Patterns, and Predictors. A Statewide Longitudinal Study of Childhood Obesity. J Sch Health, June 2018 (in press)